Modern Poetry in Translation is open for general submissions.
A few reminders:
- We only publish translations of poetry (and not original English-language poetry) and the translations must be previously unpublished. We welcome work from any age, but we have a preference for contemporary work. You may submit if you are translator(s), poet, or both.
- You are welcome to send submissions of up to six poems. You must be able to obtain rights for the reproduction of these translations both in MPT and online on our site. We pay a fee to our contributors.
- By submitting your work to MPT you give us permission to add your email address to the MPT Newsletter, which will keep you up to date with future open calls, as well as events and new issues.
- Before submitting to MPT please ensure you are familiar with the work we publish.
- If you like the work we do, we strongly encourage you to support the magazine by taking out a subscription. An annual subscription to MPT is only £23. The support of our readers makes MPT's work possible.
- When submitting, please state which languages you are fluent in in the submissions form.
- We accept simultaneous submissions, as long as we are informed immediately should your work be published elsewhere.
- We receive a large volume of work, and endeavour to respond to your submission within four months.
If you like the work we do, we strongly encourage you to support the magazine by taking out a subscription.
Subscribe from £29 and receive three print issues in the post each year, with free personal access to the online archive. Find out more on our website.
Do you work for an university, institution or library? Request a free trial of an Institutional Subscription and gain access to our online archive – an invaluable resource for translators, poets and literature students. Request a free trial via Exact Editions.