The focus of our spring issue will be new translations of poems from Europe that respond to the Covid19 crisis. We invite submissions from all European countries and languages, and would particularly like to encourage poets and translators of colour.
Deadline for submissions: 1 January 2021.
A few reminders:
- We only publish translations of poetry (and not original English-language poetry) and the translations must be previously unpublished. We welcome work from any age, but we have a preference for contemporary work.
- You are welcome to send submissions of up to six poems. You must be able to obtain rights for the reproduction of these translations both in MPT and online on our site. We pay a fee to our contributors.
- By submitting your work to MPT you give us permission to add your email address to the MPT Newsletter, which will keep you up to date with future open calls, as well as events and new issues.
- Before submitting to MPT please ensure you are familiar with the work we publish.
- If you like the work we do, we strongly encourage you to support the magazine by taking out a subscription. An annual subscription to MPT is only £23. The support of our readers makes MPT's work possible.